The Society of St Margaret
The Priory of Our Lady, Walsingham
A recognised community within the Church of England
The Society of St Margaret at the Priory of Our Lady in Walsingham is a Recognised Religious Community in the Church of England.
It was founded by John Mason Neale in 1855 in East Grinstead. In 1947 three Sisters from the house in Haggerston moved to Walsingham to form a house to help at the Shrine of Our Lady.
The Sisters are a Traditional Anglican Community whose daily life is centred on our prayer life in the Eucharist and the daily Office, from which flows our growing involvement in the ministry of healing, and reconciliation in the Shrine, the local parishes and the wider Church. We welcome guests in our guest house for short periods of rest, relaxation and retreat, and are available to pilgrims and visitors. We also work in the Education Department in the Shrine.
The Priory is committed to good safeguarding practice.
The Safeguarding lead for the Priory is
Carol Elizabeth SSM (contact details below)
Sisters are available for anyone who wishes to talk to them, whether they be Pilgrims, visitors or local people.